Pictured - Tiffany, Rod, Danley, Feather; Rod's family member's
Roderic Archer Lacy, MD DC
Dr. Lacy graduated from Palmer College, Davenport, Iowa in 1975. He was class president in 1974. He practiced in Mississippi and Alabama until he moved to Vero Beach, Florida where he practiced until 1983. He moved to Orlando, Florida and practiced there until he retired in 2005, except for the time he attended medical school..
He moved to Santo Domingo in 1991 and attended UNIREMHOS University Medical School where he roomed with fellow FCPA Board members Ron Cohn, MD DC, and John Jagusch, DC, until he graduated in 1997 and returned to Orlando where he continued to practice chiropractic medicine until his retirement in 2005.
After retirement in 2005 he moved to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic and entered a neurosurgical residency program at Dario Contreras Hospital. After completing nearly 3 years in the program he received his general medical license and is now a staff doctor working as a first entry emergency room surgeon (volunteer) when he is not in Orlando managing the FCPA and the FCPAA.
In 1997 Dr. Lacy was the founding father of the original FCPA which challenged the State of Florida ruling against injectable nutrition two times in court. He reincorporated the "NEW FCPA" in August 2011 and began accepting members at that time.
Dr. Lacy retired from active chiropractic practice in 2005 and put his license as inactive, which is listed under the title of "Suspended/Inactive" in the
Dr. Lacy has two daughters. Tiffany graduated from the University of Central Florida as a biology/chemistry major and now teaches biology and chemistry and Amber graduated with an animal science degree from the University of Arizona.
R. Ernest Cohn MD, NMD, DC, FACO
Holistic Medical Clinic of the Carolinas
308 East Main Street - Wilkesboro, NC 28654
Voice (336) 667-6464 (Fax) 336-667-4488
E-Mail - NAAIRP@ AOL.COM
Dr. R. Ernest Cohn, received his Doctorate in Chiropractic (D.C.) and X-Ray proficiency in 1977 from the Palmer College of Chiropractic, his Medical Doctorate (M.D.) degree from UNIREMHOS School of Medicine in 1997 and his Naturopathic Medical Doctor (N.M.D.) degree from American University of Integrative Medicine in 2001. Additionally he has an A.S. and a B.S. degree in the Sciences.
While at Palmer and after graduation Dr. Cohn:
1. Vice President of the student body and president of the S.A.C.
2. Graduated Summa Cum Laude & was elected to membership in the International Chiropractic Honor Society for High Scholars.
3. Served in 1977 his Diagnostic Internship in the Department of Diagnosis.
4. Received Extensive postgraduate study in X-ray and Treatment in Spinal and Skeletal Disorders.
5. Received Graduate study in the limited fields of Applied Kinesiology, Osseocranial Manipulation and Extremity Manipulation.
6. Was a member of Geriatric Review Committee.
Additionally Dr. Cohn has completed the following certification programs:
1. Certified as an Examiner in Neurovascular diagnosis through the International Academy of Neurovascular Diagnosis in 1981.
2. Certified (Initial) in the Evaluation and Rating of Permanent Impairment of the Whole Person through the National College of Chiropractic in 1984.
3. Certified in Meridian Therapy and Acupuncture - National College of Chiropractic.
4. Certified in Industrial Injury Analysis and Prevention N.C. A. & T. University 1985.
5. Board Certification from the North American Academy of Impairment Rating Physicians - Certified Impairment Rating instructor and examiner - 1992.
6. Certification and licensed by the State of N.C. Board of Massage and Body Work - 2000.
Dr. Cohn's memberships have included:
1. American Chiropractic Association
2. Diplomate of National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
3. American Chiropractic Association Council on Nutrition
4. American Chiropractic Council on Roentgenology
5. American Chiropractic Association Council on Orthopedics
6. American College of Chiropractic Orthopedics
7. N. American Academy of Impairment Rating Physicians
8. American Back Society
9. N.C. Council on Chiropractic Orthopedics
10. Southern Medical Association
11. American Academy of Chiropractic Physicians
12. North American Academy of Impairment Rating Physicians
13. American College for the Advancement of Medicine (ACAM)
14. North Carolina Integrative Medical Society
15. North Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
Dr Cohn has traveled to many third world countries and provides essential medical services each year for more the 10 years.
Dr. Cohn received his Diplomate in Chiropractic Orthopedics in 1983 and is a
fellow of the American Academy of Chiropractic Orthopedics. He has taught post-graduate education since 1983 initially for the National College of Chiropractic. He continues to teach and has taught certification programs for Logan College of Chiropractic, Los Angeles College of Chiropractic, Northwestern College of Chiropractic, Palmer College of Chiropractic, Cleveland College of Chiropractic, Western States College as well as others. He has taught hundreds of seminars to over 10,000 doctors extensively throughout the U.S.,
Canada, Australia and the Caribbean in addition to many state and national conventions.
Dr. Cohn has authored materials for a number of entire post-graduate courses. These include books and manuals on "Examination of the Lumbar Spine, and Pelvis" (1986), "Cervical spine and Cervicobrachial Examination" (1988), "Permanent Impairment Rating of the Whole Person" (1985 & 9), "Physical and Laboratory Diagnosis for Orthopedics" (1988), "86 Orthopedic Tests" (1986 & 9), "Objective Testing of Pain" (1988), "A Correlative Review of Examination for Independent Medical Examiners" (1992) and "Impairment Rating, Examination and Disability Evaluation" (1993 & 96). Additionally he has authored major papers on nutrition, orthopedics and hospital protocol in major Chiropractic Journals. In 1995 he published an extensive "Review of the American Medical Associations Guide to the Evaluation of Permanent
Impairment" that was published by the American Chiropractic Association Council on Chiropractic Orthopedics.
Dr. Cohn’s most recent book on Impairment Rating and Disability Evaluation was published in May of 2001 (Revised April 2008) and he uses the text in teach the board certification programs for the NAAIRP. Dr. Cohn is a Founding Fellow of the American Back Society, an international interdisciplinary professional society that researches and presents symposiums on the spine. He has been a member of its committee on Imaging. He is a Founding Fellow of the North American Academy of Impairment Rating Physicians and is presently serving as its' Secretary - Treasurer.
Dr. Cohn has served as the president of the North Carolina Council on Chiropractic Orthopedics. He has served as the chairman of the N.C. Chiropractic Associations hospital protocol and health planning committees. He has chaired the committees of public relations, physical therapy, orthopedics, health planning and education. He was a member of the N.C. Department of Correction Substance Abuse Committee as Lt. Governor Jim Gardner's appointee.
Dr. Cohn served on the board of directors of Preferred Care of America, an HMO co-operative. He is the principle physician in charge of Carolina Chiropractic Orthopedic Consultants and the Holistic Medical Clinic of the Carolinas with his practice being in Wilkesboro, N.C. He reviews claims and does examinations and case reviews for many carriers, law firms and physicians throughout the United States and Canada. He has served on the board of the North Carolina Integrative Medical Society and is a board member of the North Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners. His practice is limited to musculoskeletal medicine, conservative orthopedics, integrative medicine and independent medical examinations. Additional biographical information is available upon request.